It is important for all websites to be accessible by all, regardless of disability. This website follows the latest guidelines provided by the WCAG 2.0 (Website Content Accessibility Guide). We strive to make sure that we follow the guidelines, as closely as possible in order to provide the best user experience for everyone. Below are just a few examples of the steps we take to ensure this:
- Alt text : All images and non-text content needs alt text (there are exceptions)
- Video & Audio alternatives : All video-only and audio-only content has a text transcript. Transcripts are clearly labeled and linked below the media.
- Use of color: Do not rely on color alone to convey information.
- Audio control: Any audio must be able to be paused, stopped, or muted.
- Color contrast: There must be a color contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 between all text and background.
- Text resize: Text must be able to be resized up to 200% without negatively affecting the ability to read content or use functions.
- Images of text: Do not use images of text unless necessary (e.g. logo).
- Three flashes or below: Web pages do not contain anything that flashes more than three times in any one second period.
- Multiple ways: There are multiple ways to access different pages/information on a website (e.g. search bar, nav menus, sitemap, breadcrumbs, helpful links after content).
- Descriptive headings and labels: Headings and programmatic labels must be clear and descriptive. They do not need to be lengthy.
- No focus change: Nothing changes merely because an item receives focus; a user must actively choose to activate an item (e.g. hit enter to submit) before a change takes place.
- No input change: Nothing changes just because information is inputted into a field (e.g. form doesn’t auto submit once all fields are filled out).
- Consistent navigation: Keep navigation layout consistent throughout all pages of the website (e.g. same links in the same order).
If you think there may be an error with ADA compliance on any portion of the website, please reach out to us at: